Monday, September 09, 2024

High Flight

This here's a strict appeal to nostalgia.

In the Great Old Sixties, you took a lot of things for granted.
Among them was the easy availability of balsa-wood airplanes, like the one shown above.  These would've been ten cents apiece probably.  Ones with rubber-band propellors ran you about a quarter.
Nowadays you can buy ONLY FOUR for about TWENTY BUCKS on Amazon.  Sheesh!

These things were so common that on the Fourth of July, we'd tape exploding pop-bottle rockets to them.  We'd light the rocket and then THROW that sucker on high.  The rocket would ignite and that puppy would zoom around for a few seconds before exploding GLORIOUSLY into a shower of smoky splinters.  That was the life!

Well, at somewhere like a TG&Y, around 2015, I came across a handful of similar planes.  I think I got these, on clearance, for maybe 50 cents apiece.
After handing several out to the grandkids, I still have a few left.
I kinda hate to open another one!
But I'm sure I will someday.

Thanks for reminiscing, see you on Thursday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred