Monday, November 21, 2022

Did the LADIES HOME JOURNAL Remember It Right?

Only you can decide, after reading this feature from the November 1983 issue.



The article isn't quite fawning, but it follows the usual pattern of emoting with its subjects.  It isn't intended as a political or moral survey, so I think it stands up A-OK.

Are you ancient enough to recall getting the news?  Like the kids mentioned here, I didn't quite understand what was going on.  I had just got back to my first-grade classroom after lunch when a voice came over the intercom telling us to all go home.

After walking home, I couldn't figure out why Mom's soap operas weren't on the TV.  It was the right channel, but no As the World Turns that Friday!

See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred