Monday, April 12, 2021

Beany and Cecil’s Sea Monster

As a connoisseur of Western animation, I know a thing or two about Beanie and Cecil.

So when I saw the above sea monster, in Curious Woodcuts of Fanciful and Real Beasts: A Selection of 190 Sixteenth-Century Woodcuts from Gesner's and Topsell's Natural Histories, I immediately saw a resemblance.

“A resemblance to what?” you ask.

Why, to the “Monstrous Monster,” a classic “Bob Clampett car-TOOON!” from 1962.

Watch it on YouTube above!  You'll love it!
The MM enjoys such things as Ships-Kabob!

See you Thursday!
  

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:03 PM

    I watched all the classic cartoons when I was six years old in the Philippines during childhood in the 1960's era my favorites like Popeye Casper Gumby Beany & Cecil Three Stooges Dick Tracy Roger Ramjet & other favorites in popular culture in TV films comics animation & media.

    ReplyDelete

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred