Wednesday, November 28, 2012

More Dumb Suggestions from Amazon

You just can't understand algorithms sometimes, I guess.

 
 
Now, I don't agree with the philosphocal underpinnings of Bomboozled: How the U.S. Government Misled Itself and Its People into Believing They Could Survive a Nuclear Attack -- I just liked all its reproductions of period ads and depictions of 1940s-1950s American life.  So I added the book to my Amazon "Wish List," meaning if I had a thousand spare dollars I would buy a copy.
 
But what THAT book has to do with a Bundt cake pan, I don't know!


 
I guess you might go along with the above suggestion.  If you are a Monster Spotter (the book referenced in the suggestion), then you might want an aquarium to keep your critter in?  But a three-gallon aquarium is not very big!  Think of three gallons of milk.  It would have to be a very small monster!


This final recommendation shows a bit of editorial snideness on Amazon's part, I think.  This "Facsimile Edition" of an 1828 dictionary is recommended because I bouught a book called Alien IntrusionAlien Intrusion is a Christian take (one of several, believe me) on the bedroom intruder/aliens abduction scenario.

So is the Amazon suggestion implying that if I have a Christian viewpoint, I am so old-fashioned that I I might want to read an almost 200-year-old book?

See you next week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred