Sunday, May 23, 2010

Never Had a Chance to Use These Coupons ...

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo152/MarkAAlfred/Superman%20171/S171A.jpg


Several times a year, this ad would appear in the DC titles. I knew that these parks were far away from ol' everyday Oklahoma.

Looking at the ad now, I see that the bottom coupon was also good at "Uncle Cliff's Familyland" in Albuquerque, New Mexico, where my Dad's folks lived for 20 years or more. Man! I wish I'd noticed that in 1964. My economy-minded Dad might have gone for it!

As far as "Palisades Park," I would have loved to have seen a giant Superman holding up the resort. A bit of trivia:

If you are familiar with the song "Palisades Park," sung by Freddy Cannon about this actual place --- did you know that the song was written by Chuck Barris of "Gong Show" fame?

Next -- the beginning of this issue's cover story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred