Saturday, May 31, 2008

At Least I Can Copy ...


Well, I've had this hanging on the wall for a while, and decided to pull it down and scan it for you hep cats.


I was in 11th-grade art class when I produced this gem. If I recall, I copied it (minus the word balloons) from a panel on the 80-page giant which reproduced the story where Bats revealed his identity to Joe Chill. A page from that tale was on the cover, with Batman reminding Robin that this changed his life forever, or some such.


The caption was somthing like, "It's risky, and it might end my career! But I've got to do it!" -- referring to unshucking his face before the murderer of his parents.


Well, if you had a black light, and shew it onto the original piece (which earned an A, thank you), you'd find out that although Batman's flesh tones were done with colored pencil, his blue cowl is ZAP! POW! BAM! black-light paint.
See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred