Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Superman Movie Officially Sucks

With the announcement that an actor has been hired to play the role of Zod in the new Superman movie, I have sighed and hung my head in defeat.

There's a picture of this guy Michael Shannon as Zod on this page: http://www.mtv.com/photos/michael-shannon-imagined-as-general-zod/1661693/6017657/photo.jhtml

The idea of Zod cannot be good.  It brings images of huge hams laced with cheese.  It brings memories of a unmasculine screechy tenor voice whining, "KNEEL before Zod ... and admire my freshly painted fingernails!"

Zod was invented for the 1970s Superman movies.  There had been a Kryptonian general in the comics, but he was a heartless villain, not a swishy-boy in leather with self-image issues.

On the bright side, I guess I will now be a lot easier to impress if the movie gets ANYTHING right.

Tomorrow we will return to TV's the Flash . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred