Monday, October 08, 2007

Look at These Cool Images!

Monday and Tuesday we're going to look at the work of a Super guy, Arlen Schumer. My connection with him is, I won one of his books -- Visions from the Twilight Zone -- and I was thrilled to discover that he had produced the color section in the Swanderful bio, Curt Swan: A Life in Comics .








So when Arlen sent me some pix, I just had to share them with you! In the first panel Arlen explains his childhood, and adult, attraction to comic art.








The next panel covers our topic, "The Art History of Superman."








Then we have a spread featuring Joe Shuster and his studio, and another covering the Fliescher Studios cartoons.








Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
PS Arlen's studio's website is
PPS stay tuned for "Weirdo Wednesday" ... in just TWO days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred