Monday, January 20, 2020

Kaleidocope Video in OKC

I'm not the only one who fondly remembers Kaleidoscope Video Stores.

The Lost Ogle from 2019.

A 2001 newspaper mention.

Don Pierce, who founded the OKC chain, only died a month or so ago.  I wish I had known, I would have gone to the funeral.

The Kaleidoscope in south OKC was originally at SW 44th and Penn, and then moved to SW 59th & Agnew.  It had two locations in the strip mall before succumbing to the internet era.  If I recall correctly, the south store's manager was Mike Reed.

One of the things I loved about the south store was its selection of offerings from Something Weird Video.
And here's my own customer card (with personal info whited out, of course!).

Ah, what sunny memories!

See you back on Thursday for who-knows-what?!? 
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred