Monday, May 30, 2016

Star Trek Models and Do-It-Youself Props

In the past I've shared  the instructions and decal sheets from the AMT models for Original Star Trek models.


Printed on the instructions sheet would be an ad for a "Star Trek Jacket," which impoverished me would ignore.

Well, evidently SOME people bought one, because now that eight-dollar jacket is going for two hundred bucks!

 *     *      *     *     *    *
On another nerdy fan note, along with the STAR TREK: The Motion Picture costumes my lovely wife made for me, I cobbled together a few add-ons.

 In the movie, Starfleet had wrist communicators.



And each crewmember's uniform contained a perscan, that funny belt buckle which actually was a biometric analyzer.


Meanwhile in STAR TREK II, the uniforms changed, and they had belt buckles with the Starfleet insignia.
So, for my STTMP and STII imitations, here are my rough-and-ready stand-ins:

Not Hollywood quality, but not bad considering they were assembled from leftover car-model parts, cup holders, cassette boxes, and watch straps.  Oh, and LOTS of Testor's model glue.  And considering they arose from comic-book-adaptation art, and memories of a twice-seen film and the random publicity photo in STARLOG magazine.

See you Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred