Monday, April 13, 2015

OKC’s “STAR WASH”




This place has been here since we moved to South OKC in 1978.  In the late 2000s I parked in its parking lot to pick up our youngest from school -- US Grant is just across the street.

I’ve never used its facilities, but I’ve loved it from afar -- simply because of its name and merchandising!  The pole sign (at the street) used to match the sign on front of the building …


 While looking up to see if somebody else online has mentioned this fine establishment, I notice that there are a few other STAR WASHes. 


 
The above was found at a Spanish-language site, with no obvious place name mentioned in its caption.




And for some reason this phrase applies to disco remixes, too.  Huh?


Here’s a close-up of the nearly 40-year-old art.  Pretty good shape, I’d say! 

See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred