Monday, August 25, 2014

Memory Lane: STARLOG #5 - May 1975

While on a quest to find a *particular* item in STARLOG that I *was sure* was there *somewhere*, I pulled out my entire stack from the attic and went through about a hundred of them suckers, page by page.

I didn't find what I was looking for (more on that this Thursday), but along the way I took notes of nifty things to share with you guys.

The above image was a full-page (black-and-white) ad, on the inside front cover of the issue.  I remember noting the "Del Rey" logo as something new on paperback covers.

BTW, I did own every book listed from the middle of the page (Shannara) on downwards.  Even while I was reading Shannara, it seemed like a formulaic check-the-box Tolkien imitation.


See, I'm not the only one to fill space with puzzle pages! (I'm referring to SoonerCon Program Books of the past.)  You should be grateful that nothing is already filled in for you.  Don't you love a challenge?

See you Thursday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred