Friday, October 12, 2012

Behold a Crown Jewel

My big brother Robert is nine years older than me.  And when I came along, he was forced to share his bedroom with me.

Now that I am a grown-up, I feel like constantly apologizing for his having to put up with THAT!

So when he went to college . . . got married . . . moved out . . . some things got left behind.

And believe it or not, there are some of these things, that I did not break!  Here is one of them . . .

Here's a first-issue 1961 Frankenstein model, in a photo taken last month.  It makes me smile and be happy just to look at ol' Frank.  He's proof that I didn't ruin EVERYTHING pertaining to my childhood. 

I don't remember if I have ever offered to give him back to Robert, but why start now?

Next to Frank is HIS OWN pesky little brother, the provenance of which I don't recall.  Its arms move and I think his green head and his hands are supposed to glow in the dark.

You'll meet a couple of Frank's cousins later this month.  See you tomorrow, kiddies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred