Monday, November 27, 2006

Super Pretzels

As the more mature of us may recall, 1988 was Superman's 50th Anniversary. Among the celebrations was the completely cheesy but fun and touching TV Special, now in release as part of the Superman movie 14-disc edition.

Another fun and silly celebration was the production of cans of Superman Pretzels! That's right, campers. The can was about 6 inches around and about 11 inches high. It was covered with comic cover reproductions.


The bottom and the top of the can are featured below, along with what those antique preztels look like. Although a lot have fragmented, I've circled some of the ones who still have their S-shield shape.


No, I haven't tasted one lately.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't eat those pretzels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I tried a couple about 18 years ago. Bleah then, worse now I bet!

    ReplyDelete

All original content
copyright
© by Mark Alfred